GONE--Reels for sale, and a story!

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
JoeW
Advanced Board Poster

GONE--Reels for sale, and a story!

Post by JoeW »

Story first! A little over a year ago, I had a phone call from a lady who said she wished to “get rid of” her Dad’s old fishing reel collection! She and her husband were very nice people. We talked about how I enjoyed old tackle and the “stories it had to tell”. When we got around to the old tackle, my jaw dropped when I saw all the stuff! Over 100 reels, a dozen rods, a dozen old baits, misc, etc! After an hour, I gave her my offer- I kept it a little on the low end in case she wanted to haggle. I thought I saw tears in her eyes when she saw my offer. “Oh, that’s much more than I thought it would be worth. It’s too much.” Well, I forced her to take the amount and even threw in the haggle money! She said to make sure everything found a good home.

A week ago, she called me back and tells me she found MORE reels at their lake house! Geez! About 60 reels plus a dozen pretty decent lures, and 42 mouse poops! Nice lady! She had her cross stitch "girls" over when I came. I told her I would come up with an offer and she said just take them as part of the other bunch I had bot from her! Geez- I told her that I wouldn't do that, I had to sleep at night, and to give the money to charity if she wanted! I gave her a fair deal. Nothing high end, just a lot of decent old reels.

And oh yea- the bunch included 3 old spin reels that of course go right into my budding collection!

Business: In this bunch, there were 16 different models of Langley reels! I’d like to get rid of them to “a good home” as promised. What better place than here! Want to “get into” Langley’s? Know someone who might want to start a collection? Nice starter set for a “newbie” collector!

All have been used, but gently. Most show some wear, but no dents or gouges, or missing parts. Many are pretty nice, actually. A few tougher models. I have wiped them down and added a drop or two of oil. They run well. No JVH’s or Meeks, but somewhere, someone would like these. I want to sell as a group if possible at $245 plus $25 shipping. I’ll pay any additional shipping or refund any overage to you. Yea- bummer on the postage and insurance, but they weigh 7 pounds! That’s 16 reels and I’ll throw in 3 Langleys for parts for $270 shipped. If you want to make an offer, or make up your own group and make an offer, feel free to do so. I just don’t want to have to package and mail all those reels one at a time!

Have fun. Best--- Joe Walkowski (WNYTC, ORCA)

Lakecast 350 A stamped, few minor scratches, works well, bright finish
Lakecast 350 stamped, cream knobs, couple minor scratches, works well
Lakecast 350 stamped, black metal knobs, few minor blems, works well
Lakecast 350 molded, black metal knobs, light wear, works well
Shorty Model 505, some rubs top of rims, little pitting on end cap, narrow spool, runs fine
Reelcast Model 500, nice, runs fine, very few minor blems
Reelcast Model 500, nice, runs fine, very few minor blems
Cast-Rite Model 380A, runs smoothly, just a little wear and a rub on top
Streamlite 310 KC, black knobs, just a little normal wear, real nice, runs perfectly
Streamlite 310 KC, aluminum knobs, just a little normal wear, real nice, runs perfectly
Streamlite 310 A, blue!, a rub on top & a little normal wear, real nice, runs perfectly
Target mod 340, green, little rub on top, click a little bit rough?, no LW version! Tough one!
Lurecast Mod 330, aluminum knobs, red, narrow spool, a little light general wear
Lurecast Mod 330, amber plastic knobs, red, narrow spool, protector on rim, minimal wear!
Speedy Mod 510, light wear, tougher reel!
Plugcast Model 360 A, very unusual reel!, minimal wear!

Last edited by JoeW on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joseph's Lures & Fishing Tackle Collectibles
https://www.etsy.com/shop/JosephsLures?view_type=list
Stop in for a look around! Best--- Joe ("Joseph") Walkowski (ORCA)
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Reels for sale, and a story!

Post by Midway Tommy D »

He obviously liked Langleys. :shock: Nice pic, Joe. Colby may like those narrow spools!
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I should have looked at the pics instead of a list, Joe! Looks like there are probably three narrow body tournament-style reels in there, including the Target? the Langley boys can jump in. Can't recall if there are two widths to that reel of not!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Make that 4! deal is getting better by the minute!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Post by scottorock »

5....two LureCasts, Shorty, PlugCast and the NLW Target. Target being the cream in my opinion. Although the Blue Streamilte is a tougher Langley as well. Nice lot!
Scott Truex
Hudson Valley, New York
JoeW
Advanced Board Poster

Post by JoeW »

LOL! Hooo boy- I guess I need a better price guide than a 1997 Lawton's? I'll stand firm on my price for the group- $270 shipped. Please... do not offer me more than my asking price (unless you want to!).

Buddy once told me that he noticed I always lose money on the deals I make! I just told him, "Yea, but I make it up on volume".

Have fun! And thanks for the replies! Best--- JoeW
Lonberg
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Lonberg »

I will take them. Let me know about address etc.
JoeW
Advanced Board Poster

Post by JoeW »

The reels are gone to a pm from last night. Sorry, not familiar with pm's, didn't notice until just now. Thanks for all the interest! Best--- Joe Walkowski