Vintage Reel Parts

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Ed Rods
Frequent Board Poster

Vintage Reel Parts

Post by Ed Rods »

Hello This Is Ed Bingle. Owner of Rods1 Vintage Reel Parts.
After I joined Orca I talked with John and Betty by email and discuss creating a site for vintage reel parts. At the time I was not really ready to start throwing my site around because I didnot have much inventory on the site.
I make it a point to have a picture on each item that represents that part as a group are an individual part. Some parts I only have one of, others I have multibles. 90% of my site is new obsolete parts from manufacturer.
I am also starting to buy antique reels and dis-assembling to make a part inventory for hard to fine parts that will be in the used part section. This will be started in February . I have several Hurd reels that I have started with.
I have over 40,000 parts but have only posted 1,500 types of parts on my website. This is a lot of hard work that is time comsuming. I have a full time job so all of this is done on my off time.
Some of you know me and a lot don't. I will be fair and honest with all customers and will try my best to help
in anyway I can.
I have been known to send parts to people for no charge. In return I only ask that they tell someone about my site.
I hope to have a site in the future to be a go place for vintage parts.

I would have been futher along but got hit by Irma (Hurricane). I had to box everything up to protect it. It has been a fit trying to get my inventory back where I could find the parts when I got an order. Still working on Irma related damage at home and at work. But things are getting back to normal.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. You cannot have too many friends in this special hobby, I want to meat each of you and thank those that have shared hard work and gave us the education about so many reels. I am 62 years old and still learn something ever now and again.
I am in the ORCA vendors list. Feel free to contact me anytime.
Oh buy the way I know ORCA has a great library but if you cant find a reel schematic I will try and provide one to anybody for free if I have one. I have a lot of really old manuals and catalogs.

Boy have you ever met anyone that talks so much? LOL
Antique and Vintage reels and reel parts. I like small reels
Harry Verdurchi
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Vintage Reel Parts

Post by Harry Verdurchi »

Thank you Mr. Bingle .
It is peeps like you keep this a Good Place to visit.
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

Thanks, Ed. One of these days if you would send me a list of the catalogs you have (and manuals too!) I can compare to the list in the ORCA library and maybe find some issues we are currently without, or maybe even make higher quality scans of what we already have! I can be reached at s(dot)d(dot)lehr(at)comcast(dot)net.

Thanks.
Last edited by sdlehr on Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sid Lehr
Ed Rods
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Ed Rods »

I can do that give me a couple days.
Ed Rods
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Ed Rods »

I have been getting a great response. And most of the request are not parts in my inventory. This is OK but I have to look for parts that are in bulk boxes when finding these items. So I ask for patience with me. and if you don't here from me in a couple days please contact me again. I try to stay in contact with everyone but some times someone will slip through the cracks. The parts on my website I can go right to and find the number and done. All the rest of the parts have no easy way to find because they are in boxes and trays stack together. It requires a lot of space and organization to keep an inventory where you can find something. There I go rattling again.
Thanks Ed
Ed Rods
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Ed Rods »

Here is a list of some manuals and Parts Catalogs.
Lews
All BB models foreign Japan S1 S2 S3 S5
Korea S1 S2 S3 S5 GS1 GS2
Ryobi 1976
Quick 1979
Daiwa 1976 1978 1984 1987 1988
Shakespeare 1970 lots of schematics and parts 1975
Garcia no date just Garcia. Parts and schematics
Browning / Mitchell Mitchell 1980
Garcia Mitchell 1976
Garcia Ambassadeur 1976
Pflueger no date
Pflueger no date
Eagle Claw 1970
South Bend 1969
Shimano 1986 1987 1988 1990 1991 1995
Zebco Service manual 1970 parts and cat. 1976,1977,1979, 1983, 1984, 1985,
Zebco Quantum 1987
Quantum 1990 1992
True Temper No date
Langley 1954
Heddon 1967
Browning 1989 1990
Olympic 1976 1981 1989
Penn 1975 1989
[img][/img]
Dan Z
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Vintage Reel Parts - RODS GUIDES & TIP TOPS?

Post by Dan Z »

I'm ALWAYS looking for parts- But mostly for Rods- guides and tip tops for Tycoon, Kovalovsky, Hardy Big Game, and any king of large trumpet tip tops and roller tip tops. I have some traders as well, but would love to know if you or others on Orca may have any of the above?

THANKS! daniel z
Ed Rods
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Ed Rods »

I have a few. I will find them when I get to my shop tonight and take pictures and post.
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

Sorry, I must've missed this when you originally posted the list or intended to come back to it and did not. The library has some of what you do, but not most by any means. I would be interested in receiving these either in digital format or I can scan and return the catalogs/manuals to you. Can you ship the ones we do not have to me so I can scan? How do you wish to proceed? ORCA would very much like to have copies of what you have. I can return items after I scan them if that's how it turns out. Let me know what you would like to do. Thanks.
Sid Lehr
Ed Rods
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Ed Rods »

I can digitize these and email them to you in a PDF format. I will have to find time to this.
But should get it done ASAP.
Thanks Ed
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

Much obliged, Ed! And ORCA thanks you!
Sid Lehr