Alcedo 2cs help

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
FISHINGDUDE27
Big ORCA Fan

Alcedo 2cs help

Post by FISHINGDUDE27 »

1st how do I remove the handle on a Alcedo 2cs reel

2nd I am looking for a complete handle and bail assembly for the same reel

Thank you
Low Profile
Frequent Board Poster

Re: Alcedo 2cs help

Post by Low Profile »

Handle is held on by a pin that must be punched out. Pretty easy to do but will need a small diameter nail with a blunt end or punch pin and a surface to work on like a vise or such. Loosen the handle fold up screw first (so it can go into the folded position) before punching out the pin.

Parts usually show up on ebay fairly frequently and the 2Cs parts are usually cheaper than the Micron parts.

Tx, Low Profile
FISHINGDUDE27
Big ORCA Fan

Post by FISHINGDUDE27 »

Sorry I didn't word it correctly on my end....

I'm trying to remove the handle assembly from the main gear so I can completely disassemble the reel.

Thank you
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

FISHINGDUDE27 wrote:Sorry I didn't word it correctly on my end....

I'm trying to remove the handle assembly from the main gear so I can completely disassemble the reel.

Thank you
Your question was understandable and you were instructed correctly. The handle crank is attached to the main gear shaft with a through pin. Determine the leading end by deciphering which end is tapered (rounded). Use a pin punch, probably 1/16", and drive the pin out in the reverse direction. Once the pin is removed you can unthread the outside collapsing nut and the retaining nut. The retaining nut has a tiny set screw to keep it in place that needs to be loosened. Don't loose it! Also remove the main shaft oil hole screw. All except the set screw are seen here:

After you remove the sideplate remove the oscillation arm from the main shaft and pull the shaft out the front. Remove the arm from the gear. On some Italian made reels that screw may be reverse thread. Work it both directions until it breaks loose and remove it.

Once you remove the main gear you will have to hold the pinion worm gear to remove the rotor. From this point on be very careful or you'll have loose balls!, rolling everywhere! The bearings are not encased.

The rotor nut is reversed thread and the hole in the rotor is round so the pinion will just rotate if it is not held tightly. I use an ignition sized water pump pliers on the worm gear with a leather protecting strap to protect the gear teeth. Be careful and not to mar the gear teeth. You should also have a set of spanner wrenches to reinstall the spanner nuts that position the bearings in the correct location with appropriate tension.

It can be somewhat of a tedious process putting it all back together and getting all the retaining nuts adjusted correctly so that everything works smoothly. If you remove and clean all the balls and races thoroughly the reel will be louder until the grease and oil soak into the metal and create a film on their outside. That takes awhile.

Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027