Wanted ! I need a set of 5 or singles of this type guides.

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Wanted ! I need a set of 5 or singles of this type guides.

Post by 54bullseye »

I need to find a set of 5 this type of guides even one or two guides will help ! If you might have a set or singles of this type or know some one who might please let me know. Thanks for your help !! John Taylor

fishhead
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Wanted ! I need a set of 5 or singles of this type guides.

Post by fishhead »

Very cool vintage fishing rod. I have seen this style of guides before but not with the brace underneath. I know where you can get those same style guides without the brace on the bottom. They look almost the same but they are missing the brace or wire underneath the ring. They do have the same arch style like McDonald's golden arches. Let me know if you are interested and I will put you in touch with my friend who has those guides, a complete set or more. He has several sets of them.
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

fishhead
Please put me in touch with the guy with the guides you described !!! You can PM me his or your email or phone number. I will PM you my info. Thanks ! John Taylor
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Hi John, Just emailed you with a couple photos of what I’ve got. Refinished an unlimited Leonard with the same style guides and have 4 of the 5 but only 1 appears unfished. Let me know what you think! Tight lines Nick in NY
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

I sent you an email Nick. Thanks
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

Well I found a nice set of guides for the rod "Thanks KIWI Doug !! and Nick" and my buddy and rod builder Dave Turner https://turnerscustomrods.com/ just finished wrapping it and did a beautiful job ! Didn't have much to go on for colors if you look back to the beginning of this post rod was not very good and wraps were bad !! We just picked some earthy not so bright colors and after some trial wraps this is what Dave came up with. The reel is about 14/0 size with 7" side plates and 6.5" width outside the plates. Just thought I would show end results !! The forgrip had a spiral space between felt so Dave used some small linen line to fill space.

John Taylor

54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

Oh yeah Thanks also to Ed Pritchard for the whole rig !!! John Taylor
fishhead
Advanced Board Poster

Post by fishhead »

Awesome looking combo. Great job on the fishing rod. What blank is that? Way to go John.

Cheers Paul Berinson
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

Great job fixing up the rod John, I like the subdued colors you used on the wraps and the satin varnish finish. I also like what you did with the foregrip too. That rod and reel combo found its way into the right person's hands. ENJOY!
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

That’s a very nice restoration. Enjoy!
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006