Hurd Caster & Supercaster Parts

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Hurd Caster & Supercaster Parts

Post by OCauto »

I have 56 Supercasters and one Caster along with almost every bit of literature that went with or came with a new Hurd. I have parts that I salvaged from broken Hurds I purchased for parts. I may have a part you need. Contact me and we will see If I can help you out.
You may also enjoy visiting my Hurd website at http://www.hurdsupercaster.org/
Al Stover
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Re: Hurd Caster & Supercaster Parts

Post by Richard Lodge »

Nice website, Al. I learned a ton about Hurd rods/reels scrolling through. Sounds like you might have a corner on the Supercaster market!
Richard
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Post by OCauto »

Thank you Richard. Not sure about cornering the market but the research has been and will be a lot of fun.
Al
Al Stover
yosemitegreg
Big ORCA Fan

Post by yosemitegreg »

:shock: Hi,
My name is Greg and it's been a long time since I've posted anything on reel talk. I have two Supercaster reel and rods that I obtained probably 20 years ago and never got around to doing any restoring. I'm still not sure as to what restoring I should consider as I wouldn't want to ruin an original piece. Both have the metal rods attached and both rods have the first guide missing (the one closest to the reel)...assuming there should only be 4 guides per rod which includes the top guide. My friend is thee very best when it comes to repairing guides to match and look brand perfect. Would I be making a mistake to have him redo the eyes? Regarding the reels: One reel appears complete and the other reel has the handle off as the nut is missing. Also, this handle only has one knob attached. The complete reel has the number 4 204 8 with the number 2 appearing a bit larger. The second reel has the number 2 876 4 with the number 7 appearing larger. The wooden handles are perfect on both reels with no dents or chips. Also, all screws etc on both reels are complete. The only thing missing is the handle I mentioned above. I am hoping you can give me any advice as to how I should properly do any restoring,,,if necessary and if it's possible to order two guides and another handle with knobs attached plus the nut to attach...(unless there is a way to add a knob to the handle I have....see pics. I viewed your website and it is obvious you are the expert when it comes to Hurds. Hoping you can help me out as I want to do any repairs the right way the first time. Thank you, Greg
Last edited by kyreels on Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove email, since it is avail on sidebar
yosemitegreg
Big ORCA Fan

Post by yosemitegreg »

please tell me if you received the pictures.....Greg
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Post by OCauto »

CALL ME.......360 481 9143

AL