SOLD!! 12/0 Edward vom Hofe 721 For Sale

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

SOLD!! 12/0 Edward vom Hofe 721 For Sale

Post by Deepfins791 »

Very rare 12/0 721. You see quite a few 722's. but seldom does a 721 come up for sale. They were only produced for two years. This one is in excellent mechanical and very good cosmetic condition, with some scratches, but no chips or cracks in the rubber. The scratch on the tailplate next to the clicker button isn't as bad as it looks in the picture. I purposely photographed the reel in the worst possible light so all the cosmetic issues would stand out. One of the harness braces is slightly bent (can see in photos). Also, some minor pitting on the spool, which spins straight and true, with no side by side play or wobble. Note the cool little spring ball oiler on the headplate. And the star drag wheel still has the little adjustment screw many reels are missing. The crank handle nut is the older style that takes a special wrench to remove. When you slide open the oil port cover, there are two holes the wrench seats in. I made myself a wrench that would work on it, and was able to break the reel down and give it a good cleaning and re-lube. Since purchasing this 12/0 721 five years ago, I have not seen another one. Priced at $3700 OBO. PM me if interested.

Thanks for looking!
John