GIANT HOOKS for sale!

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
john elder
Star Board Poster

GIANT HOOKS for sale!

Post by john elder »

A friend of ORCAn Paul Berinson is an excellent blacksmith and the other day, they go busy turning out some incredible hooks for display...a great add for any Man Cave, I would say! I'm just helping out with the posting of pics and the basic details and Paul can chime in with more info and contact information....neat!

" The 2 large hooks are hand forged out of carbon steel. The barb is forge welded. The eye of the hook is hot punched. If you look closely the shank of the hook is flattened on both sides with a flatter except the last few inches up by the eye of the hook. The largest hook is 5/8 inch in diameter, 22 inches long and has a 10 inch gap. The other large hook was made the same except it is 3/8 inch in diameter, 16 inches long and has a 7 inch gap. The smallest hook is a Mustad 11/0 big game hook. Ken can make a large copy of any hook with a sample of the hook they want sent to him. He can make it to their specifications as far as diameter, length and gap distance goes."

ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
fishhead
Advanced Board Poster

Re: GIANT HOOKS for sale!

Post by fishhead »

For more details on getting one of these giant hooks made to your specifications call me at (951)259-2937. By best friend Ken Kuhn makes these hooks one at a time. He is a certified blacksmith instructor and is extremely talented to say the least. Prices will vary depending on the size and style of the hook that you want. For example the smaller out of the 2 large hooks which is 3/8 inches in diameter, 16 inches long and has a 7 inch gap is $50 plus shipping. If any of you ORCA members are interested please give me a call and I can put you in contact with Ken.

Thanks Paul Berinson