My Kalamazoo reel can collection

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Curt Conner
Big ORCA Fan

My Kalamazoo reel can collection

Post by Curt Conner »

Here are 2 pictures of my current Kalamazoo reels and cans. I was able to purchase 2 more Kalamazoo reels and cans in yesterday online auction of Walt Ramsey's collection (the Thorobred and the Royal). I can't wait to add them to this collection. They will be really nice additions to this collection. I'm still looking for a Kalamazoo "Tru-Axis" reel can. Please let me know if you have one for sale or trade. I do have a few trader reel cans and lures. I do collect other reel cans too. I currently have 39 different cans in my collection and I am always looking to add a few more. I know these reels and cans are not high dollar items but I just happen to really like them. Thanks, Curt

Bill Muth
Super Board Poster

Re: My Kalamazoo reel can collection

Post by Bill Muth »

Great collection Curt, very cool!
Wanted: Horton, Bristol & Meek reels, reel boxes, and catalogs!!!!
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Many of these cans didn't survive and certainly not in the nice condition yours are in. Beautiful collection. And you collect for all the right reasons. Thanks for sharing.
Mark
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Nice, Curt! I remember Robert Ellis had a substantial collection of “canned” reels lining his trailer and maybe some of those have made it into your collection....I hope so!

J
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures