VINTAGE 1920'S OCEAN CITY " FORTESCUE " REEL 150 Y

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
oldman
Big ORCA Fan

VINTAGE 1920'S OCEAN CITY " FORTESCUE " REEL 150 Y

Post by oldman »

VINTAGE 1920'S OCEAN CITY " FORTESCUE " REEL 150 YARDS Item number: 140092779478 \this guy has had a few nice ones and ask me to pass the info around[/b]
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

spam?
ORCA member?
first post.

looks repainted to me.
oldman
Big ORCA Fan

nope not repainted

Post by oldman »

saw thisone myself
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

fair enough
oldman
Big ORCA Fan

ty

Post by oldman »

he has sold a few good ones before one went to the folwer collection...
it went for over 4000...
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

This is a spam message. It was also sent to my email address. The reel is a junker. It has been painted, is not from the 1920s, and has a replacement crank knob.
oldman
Big ORCA Fan

what is it

Post by oldman »

i hate to to tell you... that i have seen this reel with my on eyes and it has not been painted as i was the one that cleaned this item and if it is not a 1920s model then what year?
show me a picture of that model the way it is supose to look ... and from what i am seeing this is something that would discreaded your " in depth article "
but i know for a fact it has not been painted and what it is as of the date i am not sure AND WHY THE HELL DOES YOU GUYS KEEP SAYING SPAM ?
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

When I get the exact same email sent to three different addresses that's spam.

Since the reel is not painted, then it must be brass. The plates and frame are a different color than the crank and other parts. The brass Fortescue came out in the late 1930s.
oldman
Big ORCA Fan

O MY

Post by oldman »

WHEN A PERSON IS TRYING TO FIND OUT SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING THEY MAY EMAIL A BUNCH OF DIFFERNT PEOPLE AS THERE ARE A FEW THAT THINK THEY KNOW THAT REALLY DONT KNOW...
AND I NEVER SAID IT WAS PAINTED
oldman
Big ORCA Fan

ok

Post by oldman »

lets say its a brass whatevere you say how much would it be worth?
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

it's really wierd when someone refers to themselves in 3rd person.
oldman
Big ORCA Fan

ok

Post by oldman »

i guess i understand but me and the seller ?
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

Sybil.

bad introduction to the board, btw.
very bad.

spam and troll
oldman
Big ORCA Fan

omy

Post by oldman »

you people are out there way out there lol
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

Out of thousands of reels listed on ebay, I happend to observe this excellent example.
I arrived at your board quite by accident and decided to point this fine piece out to you knowledgeable collectors.
I am in no way affiliated with the seller.
Just being helpful.
If the reel is so nice, stfu and buy it.
oldman
Big ORCA Fan

why think you

Post by oldman »

i think you for pointing that out and i was woundering about it myself
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

a parts reel at the best!

Post by SWIM JIG »

:( :? :P :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :type: jester usa ,oldman that reel at best may be used for salvage , it has been in or near salt water thats why the spool is in sad shape! Those hard ruber plates most likly have internal cracks, the handle cannot be placed on a decent reel and as its been salt water intruded its doubtful the mechanics are any good! I see the bearing caps as decent, $2.50 each. the free spool lever 41.50, the plates if not cracked at $3.50 each, the foot is subjective ! as for removing those screws well they most likly will break off at the heads and then will need to be drilled out! lets say the internal gears could be saved along with the bridge then as parts add another $3.75! And after its been striped out of parts set it out for BFI haul away! As for the bidder why does it make 3 bids? and as for the bidders feed back its been so long ago the bidder dosent even registor to reed their feed back! if you seen the reel why dont you buy it? and use it for a door stop!? because it wont work as a fishing reel with out a total rebuild! The seller needs to stick to his electronic items as I know nothing about those things! Your ohio conection on lake ERIE COL. MILTON LORENS aka SWIM JIG you may want to see what I do for a living! ha ha
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

I made a mistake

Post by SWIM JIG »

:( :oops: :!: :type: usa I ment to say the FREE SPOOL leaver IS WORTH $1.50 not 41.50 I hit the wrong key! again the Free spool lever for salvage has a resale value of $1.50 I am getting tired! Col. milton lorens aka SWIM JIG on Lake ERIE total salvage worth at max is $17.25 for parts, and throw the rest out to BFI to go to the DUMP!
oldman
Big ORCA Fan

strange

Post by oldman »

during trying to find out more about this... we took it to 2 aprasers one said 250 the other said 300...
when you say rubber i saw no rubber on this reel and as in working it is in great shape... if you find one for 17.50 i would at most pay that for it if it is in the shape this on is in...
not doughting you at all but you may want to relook at the pictures
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

you should have sold it to them.

you really have made an ill-thought appearance on this board.
this is the place to learn about antique reels.

this is the last place you will find suckers.
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

the reel

Post by m3040c »

The reel in this auction, that everyone is fighting about, is a 1932 Ocean City. The model name of this reel is the ""Brigantine"". It sold for $3.50 in 1932, was made from nickle plated brass and bakelite. Basically, one of Ocean City's low end reels. The handle on the reel for sale is wrong and may have been salvaged from a Ocean City Coast, Quaker or Cape City model of the same year. The value of the reel in question, in the condition it is in, is about $10. As we speak it has been bid to .99 with 3 days left. If you need some old parts it would be worth bidding it up a couple of dollars more. In itself, I would not pay anything for it unless I needed some parts from it.
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

HIGH HOPES

Post by m3040c »

well the first auction is over and the high bid was $4.24, a fair offer IMO. But this seller will not be fooled, he has relisted the reel::::::::::::::::::::

broken ... osi_widget

Well, anyone want to bite this "Buy It Now". I guess he does not believe us. :lol:
fishbugman
Super Board Poster

Talk about taking out the trash....

Post by fishbugman »

I am sorry I ended up pushing the bid up on this one. I noticed that there was one bidder, who had placed 3 bids on the reel...certainly the same oldman shiller "don't know the seller" and "not affiliated" BS'er. I figured he placed one bid low, one middle and one just short of his reserve. I figured I would get his hopes up, knowing no one in their right mind would actually go where he had his reserve set. The phone rang and I got side tracked and only placed one bid for $2.99...NOW FOR THE REAL NEWS...that seller offered me the reel on a second chance for my bid and I passed.
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

Although I have never witnessed a "Reel Tossing Contest", for some reason this reel brings it to mind.
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

from reading the listing, there is no question oldman and the seller are one in the same.

This guy really needs a first language.