Worden Belly Reel Found!

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Worden Belly Reel Found!

Post by Brian F. »

Got one! Thanks to Dick Streater (truly the Henny Youngman of fishing tackle) and all those who connected me with him at the National: Mark Spogen, Harvey Musselman and even Clay Hood who heard about my search and spotted it sittin' in the back of Dick's truck. Truly amazing how many pairs of eyes were looking to help me out. Aloha and Mahalo!
Last edited by Brian F. on Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

I supposed you have checked e-bay. I've seen several for sale in the past year. They seem to sell low, maybe because theres not much interest. These things seem to go in cycles on e-bay for some reason. Never saw a Portage Topic on there before. Now there are three of them.
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

I think an unusually high price paid for an item will bring many more out of the woodwork. At least this is the case for the moderately common items. Last month that Topic in the brand new maroon box sold for $157.00. I guess now everyone thinks that their Topics are worth that much. :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3664507753

Anyways, I don't mean to change the "topic". Someone find Brian that belt reel. :lol:
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Selling Low/buying lower

Post by Brian F. »

Don,
I did see several of those belly reels on ebay. I guess I must be willing to just buy lower! :D
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Belly reel found!

Post by Brian F. »

Got one! Thanks to Dick Streater (truly the Henny Youngman of fishing tackle) and all those who connected me with him at the National: Mark Spogen, Harvey Musselman and even Clay Hood who heard about my search and spotted it sittin' in the back of Dick's truck. Truly amazing how many pairs of eyes were looking to help me out. Aloha and Mahalo!