Sea Line 75 Restoration

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Sea Line 75 Restoration

Post by Midway Tommy D »

A super restoration job by Pres. Elder, as usual, but I chuckled to myself when I saw this photo:
Thinking to myself about how nice it would be to have that number of pieces to clean and put back together. :)

Then, I literally LOL'd :lol: reading Mike's comment:
I forgot how nice those reels look after a little TLC. Unfortunately for me, John, the last time I had that many parts off a reel, there were a few left on the workbench when I had completed the reassembly.
Wondering just how many parts would be left after rejuvenating and servicing an open face spinner? :P It just so happened that I was going through a Cardinal 3 and had it all apart:
Almost three times as many parts and it's just an ultra lite. The drag mechanism alone has nearly as many pieces as the Sea Line. :jester

I'm sure Ben, Arley, Charlie, Dick and a few others can relate to the complexity of complete rejuvenation and servicing of one of these little guys, and what a pain in the rear it is if a part gets lost or misplaced. :mrgreen:

Tom
P.S. Quality workmanship on the "75" Pres. :cool
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Sea Line 75 Restoration

Post by john elder »

Thanks, Tommy, but i must bow to you unzipping that Cardinal! DAM and Mitchell reels aren't so bad for me to work on, although the bail mechanisms are usually a trial for me. It's interesting how complicated late model reels in general can be, even though they do little more than the pre-war versions! ...and in general, last about a third as long.