Click Question

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
stidog
Advanced Board Poster

Click Question

Post by stidog »

I tried a search, imagine how many times the term "click" is used in these hallowed halls.... for both internet instructions, posting pictures, and of course reels seems we are always clicking the button.... Anyways.... I have a South Bend reel, sans a "click button" How does one go about putting a new one on? I have a button, but no idea how to attach it to the reel. I can't imagine this question hasn't come up before, but I can't seem to strike the right combo of words to make it on the search function. Thanks guys.
nomdeplume57
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Click Question

Post by nomdeplume57 »

How's about a picture of the particular Southbend type Reel you have .
Most are pretty straight forward .
stidog
Advanced Board Poster

Post by stidog »

Its an 1131A, Ser Nr 15998A

john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Larry, the problem with working on clickers is that they are riveted or peened in place and most of us are less than adept at fixing them. Is your spring intact and do you have the brass clicker that the button operates? The button should be like a toadstool with stem that extends through the clicker. You will then have to peen or solder it in place. Have a look at one that is okay and you will see how it goes.
stidog
Advanced Board Poster

Post by stidog »

I have a later model 1131A ser nr 39320, I assume the click would be set up the same way?
stidog
Advanced Board Poster

Post by stidog »

Ah, ok, I see now. Unfortunately it seems the guts are gone from the clicker so it was question just for information in the long run.
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

On those reels The click button had a small steel pin that went through the click pawl, through the slot in the reel and then was pressed or tapped into the click button. The click spring was held in place with two screws. The screws and the click button were German silver. I do have the parts.
*** email address removed ***