Vinegar Soup....

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
stidog
Advanced Board Poster

Vinegar Soup....

Post by stidog »

I have looked and searched, but there is a ton of info on the vinegar soup. What my basic question is, is there anything that can not go in the soup?

Also since I'm thinking about it, what is good to use on the finish for a Pflueger Supreme?

Thanks.
nomdeplume57
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Vinegar Soup....

Post by nomdeplume57 »

Noodles.
They get real sticky and won't wipe off easily.

Seriously DO NOT MIX BLEACH and VINEGAR=!!!!CHLORINE GAS!!!!
Here is a link to some otherDO NOT MIX
http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/16-common ... os72wE6JE4
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

My favorite recipe
...is there anything that can not go in the soup?
Do you mean cleaning ingredients or do you mean reel materials? Don't add anything to your vinegar solution. If you mean reel materials, don't use aluminum, for one, but vinegar should be fine for other reel metals, and I doubt it would be a problem with most plastics. Dunno about horn or ivory, but I try to avoid using vinegar on them. Use vinegar only to soften/remove verdigris when necessary.
stidog
Advanced Board Poster

Post by stidog »

I use 50/50 vinegar and water, and have great success and chrome and shiny stuff cleaning up. The finish on a Supreme, however has me baffled on how to clean it.
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Post by scottorock »

Larry....soak in very warm water and good dish detergent. And not for a very long period of time or the "coating" will start to flake. Whatever oily residue that may be left on finish use a petroleum based wadding. Wipe clean with a soft microfiber cloth. She should look as grey and clean as she was when she left the factory. Of course this is for the SUPREMES with the "SATIN" finish. The unfinished aluminums are a different story.
stidog
Advanced Board Poster

Post by stidog »

Thanks Scott. I'm gonna have to break down and buy the book after vacation, lol.