Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:21 pm 
Reel Talk Member
Advanced Board Poster
Just thought I would share this info in case anyone here needs to know how to get the silent anti-reverse cam realigned properly when assembling one of these reels. The alignment tip lasts from the start of the video until about the 4:20 mark. I hope this might help someone in the future!

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:24 pm 
Ultra Board Poster
Nice review & tips, Kevin. Some people may not even realize it's supposed to be silent if they don't have a manual or the sleeve is positioned incorrectly. Question, will the A/R still work correctly (other than the silent function) if the sleeve is positioned so that the dog makes continual contact with the pinion gear notch?

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:01 pm 
Reel Talk Member
Advanced Board Poster
Midway Tommy D wrote:Nice review & tips, Kevin. Some people may not even realize it's supposed to be silent if they don't have a manual or the sleeve is positioned incorrectly. Question, will the A/R still work correctly (other than the silent function) if the sleeve is positioned so that the dog makes continual contact with the pinion gear notch?

Thanks! Yes the AR still functions as it should with the cam misalignment but it becomes a clicker like most older reels. Some people like to hear it so they know it is working so they could do that if they wanted to I suppose. The cam will just stay stationary in the wrong position on the drive gear shaft as it turns.