Shakespeare Sigma 2200 CK Series 025 Anti-Reverse Alignment Tip

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
The Fishing Hobby
Advanced Board Poster

Shakespeare Sigma 2200 CK Series 025 Anti-Reverse Alignment Tip

Post by The Fishing Hobby »

Just thought I would share this info in case anyone here needs to know how to get the silent anti-reverse cam realigned properly when assembling one of these reels. The alignment tip lasts from the start of the video until about the 4:20 mark. I hope this might help someone in the future!
(formerly Insanehognutt)
Kevin Connell
Greenbrier, AR
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqne7f ... pp=desktop
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Shakespeare Sigma 2200 CK Series 025 Anti-Reverse Alignment Tip

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Nice review & tips, Kevin. Some people may not even realize it's supposed to be silent if they don't have a manual or the sleeve is positioned incorrectly. Question, will the A/R still work correctly (other than the silent function) if the sleeve is positioned so that the dog makes continual contact with the pinion gear notch?
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
The Fishing Hobby
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Shakespeare Sigma 2200 CK Series 025 Anti-Reverse Alignment Tip

Post by The Fishing Hobby »

Midway Tommy D wrote:Nice review & tips, Kevin. Some people may not even realize it's supposed to be silent if they don't have a manual or the sleeve is positioned incorrectly. Question, will the A/R still work correctly (other than the silent function) if the sleeve is positioned so that the dog makes continual contact with the pinion gear notch?
Thanks! Yes the AR still functions as it should with the cam misalignment but it becomes a clicker like most older reels. Some people like to hear it so they know it is working so they could do that if they wanted to I suppose. The cam will just stay stationary in the wrong position on the drive gear shaft as it turns.
(formerly Insanehognutt)
Kevin Connell
Greenbrier, AR
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqne7f ... pp=desktop