paint / powder coat fly reels?

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

paint / powder coat fly reels?

Post by Ron Mc »

I know this is beyond collecting, etc., and is simply about asthetics for fishing.

But I have a friend with an M9 JW Young fly reel (like most) and A7- for the stinking paint.

He would like to find somebody that could strip and paint the reel. Any ideas?

Thanks
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

may do it!

Post by SWIM JIG »

:D 8) :wink: :!: :?: :idea: cool-thumb jump USA Ron, one of our members can do fantastic work with repaint! ( Robert s. Klapoetke w5545 Evergreen Road Montello Wi. 53949-8196 ) Phone (1-608-296-4477) Tell him I sugested he do it!, I have done the mechanics on several reels for him and the finish he has done on the reels is remarkable! He does not have a computor! Just dont like them! Your Ohio Conection on Lake Erie Col. Milton Lorens aka SWIM JIG
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

thanks Milt, info passed forward.
el Lawrence
Advanced Board Poster

Post by el Lawrence »

Ron

If it is just for use not for restoration there is a place here (just a short hop from Bulverde here in Boerne) that does "industrial coatings", just had the pipes to motorcycle restoration project ceramic coated (matte black or high shine metalic are both available) and it made for a nice (similar to powder coat looking) finish on them... the ceramic is suppose to take high heat but I imagine it would work on a reel (just for use) too...

Had the matte black done on the motorcycle pipes but the high shine metal coating might work real nice on a fly reel. Sort of looks a lot like nickel plate not high chrome...

Lorraine
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

thanks Lorraine, that sounds like a nice finish - I may ask you later about that.