sticker problem

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
Tricky
Big ORCA Fan

sticker problem

Post by Tricky »

This is a rather strange problem. I just purchased a Hardy Perfect from a gentlemen who's father chased salmon. This perfect is in great shape except for one little problem. He would take the sticker denoting which line he was using and just stick it on the face of the reel. Well after sitting around for years, the sticker was very stuck to the reel. I have tried soap and water, vinegar solution, goo gone (best results by far) but I just can't seem to get the outline gone. I am out of ideas, anyone else?
Jack Bright
Advanced Board Poster

stickiness

Post by Jack Bright »

spray the stickey area with WD-40, let sit for a min.or two & rub off, should
work if not repeat.---Jack
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

If that doesn't work, try rubbing alcohol and a bit of patience. the other thing to use is a hair dryer to heat up the glue, which will then roll off. if none of that works, then you are looking at the difference between a UV-protected piece of metal and the rest, which has been out in the environs forever...that's going to stay and you shouldn't worry about it.

Everyone has traditionally marked their line type in that way, so consider it a normal battle scar. Very few collectors are going to panic over that one! Nice score, Newbie :D
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

denatured alcohol and absorb all the excess as quickly as you can - keep it away from the handle.
spinyeel
Frequent Board Poster

Post by spinyeel »

Eucalyptus oil works a treat.Just rub it on the offending sticker,leave it for 10 minutes and remove with a damp cloth.Guys over here use the process to remove stickers from vintage cars also.