olympic seiko

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
galleta loco
Big ORCA Fan

olympic seiko

Post by galleta loco »

Just picked this up yesterday I saw some on ebay but none had cranks on both sides.Anybody know the age and value?ThanksImageImageImage
Charged
Advanced Board Poster

Re: olympic seiko

Post by Charged »

I've personally always been impressed with the lineup of seiko reels. The reel model you have pictured above, I took out last summer for some Channel cat fishing, and had a absolute blast.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

So, is this designed to be a multiplyer with one handle and single action with the other? ...and swivels? Neat piece!
Charged
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Charged »

Yes, that is right John. The one thing I do not like about this reel, is the handles move in opposite directions. Yea, that's fine if you got the time to rotate it. I just think most people probably wouldn't.

So it's kind off a more preset type of thing to what type of fishing you will be doing. Not some change you would make on the fly.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Does anyone have the paperwork on this one or an ad? Would be great to hear what the manufacturer espoused as the selling feature(s) of this set-up. I suppose if you're ambidextrous, you could use it as a two speed reel and change retrieve depending on the fight in the fish...however, my brain could not deal with that...as you say, changing hands is one thing...changing directions of wind is quite another!
galleta loco
Big ORCA Fan

Post by galleta loco »

john elder wrote:Does anyone have the paperwork on this one or an ad? Would be great to hear what the manufacturer espoused as the selling feature(s) of this set-up. I suppose if you're ambidextrous, you could use it as a two speed reel and change retrieve depending on the fight in the fish...however, my brain could not deal with that...as you say, changing hands is one thing...changing directions of wind is quite another!

That would be great to see what they were thinking.
JoeW
Advanced Board Poster

Can get one- Value? olympic seiko

Post by JoeW »

I saw one of these today at an antique store! Four handles, swivels, etc. Looked like aluminum? Does anyone have a value? It was pretty pricey. I could run back out an pick it up? I'd appreciate the help, as usual. Best---- Joe Walkowski (WNYTC, ORCA)