Montaque Manitou - Green and Mean

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Montaque Manitou - Green and Mean

Post by reeltackle »

`
`
Here's a nice little Irish reel I picked up last week.

Were these ever cataloged? When were they made? Was there a premium for the green finish? I have seen a couple of other green marbleized reels and a pink marbleized reel, has anyone seen any other colors?

Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Montaque Manitou - Green and Mean

Post by Reel Geezer »

As we have found with several other marbleized and unusual colored reels that were not cataloged, most were "end of the day" projects by factory employees. They took all the left over colors and mixed them together to finish out what was going to be thrown away. I don't know if that is the case with this reel or if it was a cataloged color. It sure is a pretty reel, however.
Dale Noll
Super Board Poster

Post by Dale Noll »

Request permission to use Photos for the PhotoStory now being assembled. Thank you.
Dale Noll
865-458-0004
robert ellis
Super Board Poster

Post by robert ellis »

Ed, that is gorgeous, :shock: Since I am Irish and have been to Ireland and collect ornate reels, I think that belongs on my shelf, :D for sale? We too would like permission to use these photos in our for ORCA's FishingReelResearch.org website! :) Thanks for the show Ed! R.E. Thanks Phil and Dale! :bow:
robert ellis
Super Board Poster

Post by robert ellis »

I realize this a little off course! but had to share! This is a Bronson Tracer No.150 prewar, it is pictured in our Bronson site, it was sold a few years ago
by ORCA member Richard T. AKA "FishBugMan"
Thanks Ed and Richard! :)

reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

Robert, Phil and Dale,
Yes, you may use the photos of the reel, no problem, all I would ask is that you give me photo credit for any of my pictures that you use and list my web site as reference. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the photos of the reel, it is pretty special. Robert, the reel has already been moved along and the spoils from its sale have already filled a hole in my collection. A reel for a reel!
Ed
robert ellis
Super Board Poster

Post by robert ellis »

Thanks Ed, whew! now I do not have to worry about the $500.00 bucks I would needed to purchase it! :roll: But we got pictures way cool!
Reel Addictive
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Reel Addictive »

Finally another reel with the same namesake as the beauty above.
But the similarities seem to end with the name. Was this a long lived model for Montague?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191034072249?ss ... 1436.l2648

William