Our Bronson Reel Site!

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
robert ellis
Super Board Poster

Our Bronson Reel Site!

Post by robert ellis »

This month our Bronson website will be 2 years old. What started out to be a simple private site to show off what reels I had gathered in a 3 year search, has blown into a very large collective site on the Bronson’s, where anyone can show off their reels if not already shown! It is the first one of only 3 sites similar to this sort of collective collections. We now, have gathered a great number of Bronson reels, one of the biggest U.S. reel makers ever, (Reels by the Thousands) was their slogan and very true! Most easy to find ones and of course some extremely hard to find ones! These were some of the most ornate and beautiful reels ever produced by one reel maker!
We have been hawking the Bay for 5 years looking for any new to us Bronson or Bronson trade reels, have had help from many great people our friends I should say now! The site has got as many as 2000 hits per month at its height! So it’s working helping folks learn about their unknown to them reels where many are not marked with a makers mark! We have gathered up as many catalogs and ligature as to be found to gain info on and when some of these reels were made. Many constant changes in pictures and info added, we are at the point where a new to us reel only pops up about once a month, yet we know there are probably hundreds out there that we still have not seen yet, love the intrigue and the investigating on the new to us ones! What a great hobby!
This month we will be adding values to the reels in the site to help out the buyers, sellers and collectors get an idea about what their Bronson reel or reels are worth. This will also help slow down some of the (How much is my reel worth emails we get!) I would like to thank all who have helped build this site! :bow: You all know who you are! From the hospital bed of R.E. :(
Our Ocean City site is coming along but very slow, its needs another years work I’m sure before it will be equal to the Bronson site! ORCA’s Research site gets way more attention than the OC site? It also has a long way to go before it’s up to our goal!
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: Our Bronson Reel Site!

Post by Brian F. »

Sounds Great, Robert, and thank you (and friends) for all your work to keep it going. Heal up fast!