4 Bronson's

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Dylan Eldridge
Advanced Board Poster

4 Bronson's

Post by Dylan Eldridge »

I used to have a lot more reels but over time I have gotten rid of them. I still have these 4 that I think are beauties and thought it would be fun to show them. I'm sure these aren't much to most of the collectors on here but these reels are gorgeous to me. I'm a sucker for the Bronson's.

Feel free to ignore my alma mater glass tile in the background, I took this on the t.v stand in the living room. :)

Bill Sonnett
Super Board Poster

Re: 4 Bronson's

Post by Bill Sonnett »

Holy Moly Dylan. The Holy Grail of Bronson X 3 ! I think I have seen three "Reel-o-Mine's" in photos and you just doubled my life time number in one photo. Thank you so much for posting this picture, it gives me hope of finding one of these some day.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Well, Bronson had their low spots and that's been hard on their name, but those are really the top of the line and about as good as any baitcaster their competition made at the time...nice line-up, Dylan! Hold on tight to those!
Dylan Eldridge
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Dylan Eldridge »

Thanks for the replies guys. I am pretty lucky to have these Reel-o-Mines that's for sure! I know they are extremely hard to find and highly coveted among collectors. I find myself staring at them quite often and just thinking how beautiful they are in their design. Kind of a funny thing to do with an object as rudimentary as a fishing reel. But they are indeed a very high quality reel.
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Another "Reel-O-Mine". On the right, a No.4900 "Sport Pal" from the same period, the only example I've ever seen (Yes, it's the same one shown on the Bronson site).
Mark
Dylan Eldridge
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Dylan Eldridge »

You are a very lucky man owning that "Sport Pal". Harder to find than Reel-o-Mine I think. I have only seen the one on the Bronson Site which appears to be this same one. Does anybody else have this reel?

On a side note, something I have noticed with the Reel-o-Mine is that some of them have spools that are coated in the "Silverlite Chrome" finish to match the side-plates and others are not. It appears like your Reel-o-Mine is not and the Sport Pal spool is coated with the "Silverlite chrome".

Two of the Reel-o-Mines I have are coated to match and one is not.
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Bronson really made some cool-looking reels, many of them quite scarce. Here's a No.4600 "Black Master" w/Box, one of my favorites. Of course, these can all be seen on the Bronson site.
Mark
Dylan Eldridge
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Dylan Eldridge »

One of my favorites that I used to own was the "Blue Heron". I ended up selling it to Robert and he used it for the Bronson site. It was a reel that just seemed to shine brighter and stand out from the rest of my collection. Never managed to find another one after I sold that one. It was definitely at the top of my Bronson made reel list.

Dylan Eldridge
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Dylan Eldridge »

And the shiny version of the Silver Princess :) . . . And I know these can all be seen on the Bronson site, but it is still nice to see different pictures every so often.

wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Awesome. Thanks Dylan. These are works of art.
Mark
darylrose61
Frequent Board Poster

Post by darylrose61 »

WOW! Robert is really all smiles right now. : :lol: Daryl.
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Yeah, man!
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Post by scottorock »

Love that Black Master!
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Nice pics Dylan. Thanks!
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

Nothing to compare to those beauties. This Bronson Commander is special to me because it was previously owned by Rick Heitman and prior to that by Robt. Ellis.
mrbiggfish
Frequent Board Poster

Post by mrbiggfish »

Wow that is a beautiful reel, Jonathan.