Meisselbach Surf Reel

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Meisselbach Surf Reel

Post by Paul M »

I picked up this Meisselbach Surf style reel at the Lang's Discovery Auction. It came in a low cost box of reels and seemed to be a good deal, even if this was the only "good" one in the lot. As I was cleaning and servicing the reel, I tried to figure out how to get the handle into gear and discovered an old post here that explained how it works. It's a nice reel with just a small nip in the rubber and it works well now that I have figured it out, cleaned and lubed.

Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: Meisselbach Surf Reel

Post by Brian F. »

Nice job - great looking reel.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Thanks, Brian! I have never used one of these. If used as a surf reel, casting all day would wear me out.... but it looks like it could handle a small whale.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

These are great reels, Paul and there are several small deviations in design over time that make them an interesting collection. I'm glad to see someone else had to think twice before getting it back in gear :-) (" gee, wonder what happens if i push on this button?")
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

The prior custodian was kind enough to press that button for me which is why I had to take it apart to see why the handle was in free-spin mode LOL.
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »