found a nice reel i think

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Chuck Gano
Advanced Board Poster

found a nice reel i think

Post by Chuck Gano »

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p76 ... 17387b.jpg finally a tackle call worth the trip,anyone know a value on the "gentelman's stream liner", prices seem to be all over the place,lots of folks want this and all have different values for it,
c.g.
jackpine
Frequent Board Poster

Re: found a nice reel i think

Post by jackpine »

Also interested in value. That's a nice 1.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

What a neat reel combo! Here are some earlier threads about this one:

search.php?keywords=Streamliner&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Tom M should pipe in here with thoughts on value! He indicated he has or had a couple....Tommy, where are you??!
Tom M
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Tom M »

john elder wrote:What a neat reel combo! Here are some earlier threads about this one:

search.php?keywords=Streamliner&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Tom M should pipe in here with thoughts on value! He indicated he has or had a couple....Tommy, where are you??!
Yes, I have two versions of the stream liner and I believe Chucks is the earlier model. As for the value, I don't have a solid answer. I haven't followed values on these reels for quite sometime, but I had always figured they would hold close to the Hurd super-caster value, since they were built with the same principals. I think the super-caster may be a little more in demand to collectors, but I don't see the stream liner quite as often. Therefore, I believe the values may be quite similar. If I was to guess at the value, I would think 100-150 for a nice example would be in range. I have seen them sell for a little less in the past, but those reels may not have been in flawless condition. This is only my opinion and if someone else has a better guess, please post your thoughts.