Practice picture-Aqua Sportsman

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Lynn Thomas
Advanced Board Poster

Practice picture-Aqua Sportsman

Post by Lynn Thomas »

Picture of Aqua Sportsman reel, to see if I got this picture sending correct !!!!
Steve
Star Board Poster

Re: Practice picture

Post by Steve »

Lynn, your practice worked fine. Here's the perfect target for the reel:
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Nice pics, Lynn!

You know, in a survey of casting reels done by Ed Howard in The Fisherman, july, 1958, there was a whole column of the article donated to this reel, touted as THE answer for getting wives and kids on the water, casting like pros:

judging from the few we see out there today, I guess that most people thought it looked way too much like Steve's fish and would get laughed out of the boat! I can also imagine that after a couple times getting lobbed into the back of the pickup, that "periscope" would look more like a pretzel.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Just as an aside....and I know he won't admit it....but I'm convinced this is an early adventure of the young Steve Vernon :D

Lynn Thomas
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Lynn Thomas »

That toothy monster looks like he could help out with some of the left over turkey in the refrigerator

! Thanks for the article and info. That "periscope" is called a reel control arm in the paper work enclosed in box. They also included a tube of grease and an extra "arm".
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Nice one on the 'bay at the moment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ODDBALL-vintage ... 4874cd6895