ABU GARCIA Skirted Spool "Fulcrum" Family Photos

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

ABU GARCIA Skirted Spool "Fulcrum" Family Photos

Post by Midway Tommy D »

After Ben Wright's great November Reel News article about the evolution of the Japanese Fulcrum Break Cardinal series I thought would post a couple family photos of them together for visual reference and comparison. A couple of 2005 Chinese Defector :) cousins came out of hiding for the shoot so that a complete gathering of all the post 1984 Fulcrum Break Skirted Spool relatives would be on display. No Re-Issue or Limited Edition standard spool reels are included.

Bottom Row (1st Generation) L to R: Cardinal Royal Plus* 3; Cardinal Royal Plus* 4; Cardinal 5**; Cardinal 4**; Cardinal 3**.
Middle Row (2nd Generation) L to R: Cardinal C3; Cardinal C4; Cardinal C4X; Cardinal C5.
Top Row (3rd Generation "Specials***" and "2005 Chinese Defectors") L to R: China Cardinal 3; Cardinal 4 Special; Cardinal 4X Special; Cardinal 3 Special; China Cardinal 33
*Royal Plus Box says "Distributed Exclusively in the USA by Bass Pro Shops Springfield Missouri".
**AKA "Green Line" on body and spool.
***Special has a dark green body with a light green/cream cup and "C" style spool.

Tom
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: ABU GARCIA Skirted Spool "Fulcrum" Family Photos

Post by john elder »

What a knockout display, Tommy! Congrats on putting that all together...did not happen overnight, my guess!
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Great looking collection, Tom, and thanks for putting it together for a nice photo.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

John & Brian,

Thanks guys! Need I say, some were much more challenging to roundup than others? A Card 5 "Green Line" MIB, C4X Special NIB and China C33 NIB are near impossible to find, and only a limited number of the China C33 were made before they stopped production due to a trade mark dispute with Pure Fishing. I must say though, it was well worth the time and effort. :D

Tom
Jacob : salmonfisher03
Super Board Poster

Post by Jacob : salmonfisher03 »

Tom, that is a very nice collection.

Best
Jacob