Retirement Benefits

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Retirement Benefits

Post by Midway Tommy D »

First thing I did when I retired a couple weeks ago was cleanup and reorganize my office/reel workroom. Low and behold I stumbled onto this cute little early 50's Dam Quick Junior Full Bail External Trip, along with a couple other little surprises, that I took apart to clean and service 5 or 6 years ago but never got around to putting back together. Body, spool & rotor have been stored in bubble wrap w/parts laying loose in a plastic container all this time. It's one of the three earliest Junior models and the only one like it I have ever seen. Decided it was probably about time to put the thing back together and start displaying it. I forgot what nice condition it was in back when I found it and broke it down for a good thorough cleaning. :D

Tom
kingfisher
Super Board Poster

Re: Retirement Benefits

Post by kingfisher »

Hello Tommy,

Retired?! 8) Well , good luck with it. Hope you manage lots of good fishing trips now you've dropped out of the rat race.

It does not seem that long ago that Rick H. retired . Don't hear much from him on the forum . Hope he's going well and too busy fishing.

Ray
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Nice re-add, Tommy!

Rick has now retired and gone back to work at least three times in the past year and a half! I keep trying to drag him back...i think we should start an email campaign :D

Regardleess, he has continued to help us with uploading info to the Ellis sites, so he has not deserted us! Thanks for all the support, Rick!
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

Perfect time of year for an email campaign, if only to send Holiday good will to Rick and his family.