Grandson and I go hunting for old fishing reels

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
mtcm76
Big ORCA Fan

Grandson and I go hunting for old fishing reels

Post by mtcm76 »

Last weekend my grandson and I went on a hunt. We drove to one of my favorite locations for finding old radios (another hobby of mine) in hopes of finding a few old fishing reels. Here is a picture of my grandson Zack and I with the day's bounty.

Oh, if you are wondering about the long horn item that my grandson picked up. He lives in College Station, TX and is a Texas A&M fan. The long horn was missing one of its horns. UT and A&M or bitter rivals. A&M likes to "cut the horns" off the long horns so he thought it was cool to find this with the missing horn.

wrong99
Star Board Poster

Re: Grandson and I go hunting for old fishing reels

Post by wrong99 »

Great story and bounty! I love how this hobby can link generations. But, how does LSU fit into the mix?
Mark
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Clapclapclap! Keep a reel in the boy's hands! Looks like a budding ORCAn on the way!
mtcm76
Big ORCA Fan

Post by mtcm76 »

Mark, though I live in North Texas I am originally from South Louisiana. That is the reason for the LSU shirt. MTCM is something that I was called at work when I first moved to Texas. MTCM = Mike the Cajun Mike. We had a MTLM who worked in our legal department. He was Mike the Lawyer Mike. We also had a MTDM. No one liked him but I will not post what that stood for. :) His last name was Massingill so maybe you can derive it for yourself.
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

Grandsons (and granddaughters) are nice to have around. Spoil them and then go home! And yes, teach them dirty habits like collecting reels.