Atlantic No. 126 reel

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
KWpermit
Frequent Board Poster

Atlantic No. 126 reel

Post by KWpermit »

http://s584.photobucket.com/user/bodid914/library/
Hopefully this is a picture of a Atlantic No. 126 reel ? ... I'm not real smooth with these computers !
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Re: Atlantic No. 126 reel

Post by Wayne B. »

Your photobucket album is private so we cannot access it. Log back into Photobucket and click on your album name. There will be a little icon that looks like a open padlock. Click on that and you can make the album accessible by outsiders like me.
KWpermit
Frequent Board Poster

Post by KWpermit »

I am just not seeing it.... maybe I'll try using the image upload without photobucket ?
KWpermit
Frequent Board Poster

Post by KWpermit »

I think that I opened the photobucket .... from private to public... ?
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Now it's open.
kingfisher
Super Board Poster

Post by kingfisher »

Is this the Atlantic #126 you wanted to show?
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

After seeing the initial post on this thread, I started googling and searching on ORCA for Atlantic reels to see what they are. I came up with a mixed bag. It appears there was a company that made Atlantic Coast reels which maybe were Montague trade reels, there was an old model made by Penn called the Atlantic, and there was a trade reel made by Penn. This reel appears to be the trade reel made by Penn.

Please correct my assumptions if I am wrong. It's still cold here in Virginia Beach, so I had nothing else to do. :D
kingfisher
Super Board Poster

Post by kingfisher »

The Penn Atlantic was the #14 model reel.

The Atlantic #126 as well as the other Atlantic Manufacturing Co. reels was written about in detail in Mike's Penn book and also in one of the Reel News editions. Not made by Penn although made by ex-Penn employees .
KWpermit
Frequent Board Poster

Post by KWpermit »

On Page 223 of the Penn reel book are the Atlantic reels, though I did not see anything on the No. 126
kingfisher
Super Board Poster

Post by kingfisher »

KW Permit,

I have an Atlantic #126 in hand. NOS with some Dust rust ( no box )

Don't know why Mike missed mentioning the #126. I wonder if there is a #126 with a metal spool too.

Ray
KWpermit
Frequent Board Poster

Post by KWpermit »

Ray,
That's neat... would be interesting to hear why no mention etc. ? ... I guess that I should have wiped this one off before taking pics ! ...
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

I have been living at my job at JFK International Airport this weekend because of the snow, but you guys seemed to get this sorted out pretty well except for the missing Model #126. It is not mentioned because I did not know about it. Years ago I was given a list that was supposed to have been all the model numbers made by Atlantic. The list came from someone that was close with the Henze family. For some reason the Model 126 was not on the list.

Possibly other unknown Model Numbers will come out of the closet in the future. Atlantics are simple reel but they are also rare reels. I expect their value cannot go anywhere but up, especially if more information is discovered about them. The history of the Atlantic Salt Water Reel is not fully researched yet.
KWpermit
Frequent Board Poster

Post by KWpermit »

Hey Mike,
Very Cool ! ... I really appreciate all the research...and putting it all together etc. ! .... also hope that you guys get a little relief from the weather.... as I know it's been a bear for you this winter !

Regards, Bob
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

Thanks, this February has the worst I have ever experienced, but it could always be worse. I could be living in Boston :bricks:
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Or Virginia Beach...we have had two monstrous snow storms, one 6" and a week later 4 more inches. Schools were closed for 8 out of 10 days during that terrible two week span! It can't possibly any worse anywhere else. Alas, alas, how did we survive?

I'd like to truck a bunch of these Virginians up to Boston for a week, give them a snow shovel which most have never seen, and tell them to stop whining!
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

Wayne, when you get those occasional 50 degree days in the middle of the winter months and play golf, it's hard to feel sympathy for you. Especially when you like to rub it into those experiencing real winter.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I know what you mean, Jon...i HATE IT when Wayne does that! We had to endure RAIN in San Diego a couple days ago! Oh, the humanity! :shock:
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

You are probably one step (At Least) worse than Wayne. You have the odacity to send a picture of the sun shining on your cart path, when the snow is knee deep here. When the earth opens up with the "big one" out there, you will hear me yelling FORE!
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

Well, the snow did create a need for adjustment for many of us North Eastern type people. I could not longer have a nice meal outside on my deck table:
At least I could still find it and my airport job turned from a maintenance job to a new place. Suddenly everything was clean and white instead of dirty and greasy. There were a few weekends that going home simply became a mute point and then there were horrible situations at the local Queens county parks:
Children and adults were stranded in the snow and we had to send out the dogs to find them.
They were almost frozen solid but somehow we managed to get them through the horrors of exposure to the elements:
When these stranded folks were located, many were engaging in insane activities lying on the ground, twisting and turning like madmen.
It was as if the world had come to an end, everyone seemed to not care about anything:
What was wrong with these people, they seemed to actually be having fun. Go figure :?: :?:

Snow is not all bad you know :shock:
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Got to be some fun with the bad!