What I Did On My Spring Vacation

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

What I Did On My Spring Vacation

Post by Wayne B. »

We have been doing some traveling the past three weeks. Flew to Austin/San Antonio for a week, came home for four days, then drove to Banner Elk, NC, for a week of mountain golf, eating, sight seeing, eating, fly fishing and eating. Like most trips I always include visits to every antique shop/mall that I can fit in without over taxing my wife's patience. She's actually getting pretty good at spotting reels in dark corners of booths that most people never see.

On this trip, I actually found three reels in one antique shop. My normal number of souvenirs form most trips varies from zero to one mainly because items are usually priced somewhere in the stratosphere. These were priced well within their actual values or below. (My wife wrote the check...how sweet is that?) While these are not extremely special to most, two are to me because of my Penn interests and the other being a nice Ambassadeur which I always look for.

Penn #15, Penn trade reel Deep Sea Angler #20, and an Ambassadeur 5000D

When I get home, I will post pics on Show and Tell.
stidog
Advanced Board Poster

Re: What I Did On My Spring Vacation

Post by stidog »

Nice Wayne! How was the fishing and golf also? See any neat sights?
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Re: What I Did On My Spring Vacation

Post by Wayne B. »

I enjoy getting away, but I always enjoy coming home more. A psychologist should have a field day with that statement!

Anyway, here are the reels I found in that obscure antique shop somewhere near Banner Elk, NC. I don't think I could find it again! Fun trip and three souvenirs! Penn #15, Penn trade reel DeepSea Angler #20, and an Ambassadeur 5000D.