A Few Orca Member Related Items In My Collection

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

A Few Orca Member Related Items In My Collection

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

The first 2 pictures are of Roger Herrett's Rod case. Roger was a Natl. Casting champion who spoke at the Frankfort, Ky. Convention. The next two pictures are of photographs taken and signed by deceased ORCA member Robert Ellis from a trip to Yosemite. Next is a beautiful trout watercolor done by Robert A. Miller (RAM) Alias Bad Bob Only fishing related item my wife would allow in the living room. Next two are prints I believe came from England. Artist had them availavle on Reel Talk one time. Artist name currently covered by the frame. Next is a print I purchase at the Frankfort, Ky. convention of The KY. Trout Stamp. Next are two Dam Quick brass reels and a Danish Fly Reel from friend Jacob V. Next is a Pflueger Golden West beautifully cleaned up by Rick Heitman. Last but not least is an elusive copy of Jim Maddens book on South Bend Reels. Not positive who the benefactor was ,but who cares, I've got a copy of the book!! I have many books authored by ORCA members. Some signed and some not. Who said this isn't a great hobby? Some of these are duplications of previous posts (In case you are checking, Tommy)
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Re: A Few Orca Member Related Items In My Collection

Post by wrong99 »

Thank you, Jon. Doesn't get much better than that!
Mark
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Nice Member memorabilia, Jon. :cool BTW, who's countin', anyhow? :jester

Tom
Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy
Super Board Poster

Post by Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy »

Jon, don't know what the club would do without members like you. Thanks for all that you do for us all.
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Post by Richard Lodge »

Neat stuff, Jon! I remember that leather case and the gentleman who owned it, talking at the ORCA national in Frankfort. His talk was really a trip back to another time.
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Roger Herrett joined ORCA after that time, but I haven't seen him listed in the membership directory for the past few years. He was a nice gentleman.
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

The watercolor being allowed in your living room is a real honor, Jonathan! I managed to get a total of three reels a place in the house, all small on my desk in the den.
Great group of guys and gals these ORCAns, and items with a personal connection really do have special meaning. I have several myself.

Keep on! Bad Bob
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Pretty much it for ORCA in the house. Love the water color. I have the photos R. Ellis gave me on the computer room wall.
I should have included the Pflueger Reel and collapsable cup you gave me at Frankfort.
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by bettybarr »

Made my morning!! True treasures. I appreciate the post. Thanks.