Gayle Simplicity collection

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Jlines
Big ORCA Fan

Gayle Simplicity collection

Post by Jlines »

Just finished my Gayle Simplicity collection. Left to right....No 0, 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, and No 6 on bottom with original box.
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Re: Gayle Simplicity collection

Post by Richard Lodge »

Nice collection! I owned a few variations of these reels a few years ago, including one marked with the name of a hardware store in Oklahoma. That might be your next consideration to expand the collection, looking for Simplicity reels with different markings.
I also always wondered why they didn't make a No. 4. Maybe someone out there in ORCA-land has an idea? :bow:
Richard
Jlines
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Jlines »

Thanks. There's several color variations of the No 5 reel I'm going to work on as well as another box that is square. It has room to grow!
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by bettybarr »

Bring some to the Frankfort meeting! We will definitely enjoy studying them.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Super collection and a great idea displaying them via attachment to what appears to be part of a hardwood, time-period rod (or a stained dowel. LOL)
Last edited by Mike N on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jlines
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Jlines »

I will plan on bringing them. As for the rod, that is a great idea, but I just stained a piece of dowell rod. I will definitely keep that idea in mind for future projects though.