Speaking of Steads...

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Speaking of Steads...

Post by Deepfins791 »

Here is a 12/0 Stead that bounced around a bit before ending up in my collection. I did a total breakdown of the reel, and cleaned/re-lubed it. The knob on the backplate engages a clicker/anti-reverse dog, presumably used when setting the hook, and a clicker button on top of the faceplate. What is cool about the clicker button on the faceplate is you engage the clicker by pressing the button, but it automatically disengages once you start cranking. Neither functions were operating properly due to some light internal corrosion, but after cleaning, work perfect. There are plenty of pictures of 12/0 Steads around, but I thought it might be worthwhile to post a few of the internals of this particular style in case someone was considering opening one up. Thanks to John Elder for helping/cheerleading me through some of the more difficult steps of this project.

Cheers,
John

john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Speaking of Steads...

Post by john elder »

Beautiful work, John! You don't need much cheerleading from me anymore! You got this cleaning thing nailed!
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

Looks like a brand new Stead ! Want to trade for a big old cradle reel ? Beautiful reel you have some really nice stuff John great collection. John Taylor
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

You mean that big ol' Klein cradle, John?! :lol:
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

NOPE !!!
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Nice Job, John! Great to see these things opened up!