Common yet beautiful reels

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Gunner1961
Big ORCA Fan

Common yet beautiful reels

Post by Gunner1961 »

I recently purchased this pair of Hendryx reels. One is a 100 the other a 120. I have several Hendryx reels as they are fairly common but, I like them just the same. This pair took very little effort to clean and service as I don't believe either one were ever used to fish with. The finish on both reels is absolutely
gorgeous for the age of these two. The photo does not do them Justus.

john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Common yet beautiful reels

Post by john elder »

I agree, Gunner... nice pair of reels! A number of makers.... most all of them, put out some products that the best you can say is they are inexpensive... times and economies demanded it. However, they all had their moments. I have several little Hendryx 40 yarders that are nicely made. Here are three, all with more than basic features.
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
cushman
Big ORCA Fan

Post by cushman »

Those are really beautiful reels. I read this post and did some background reading online, then starting looking around at auctions and for sale sites. This group is going to be very hard on my wallet!

Dave
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

cushman wrote:... This group is going to be very hard on my wallet!
Yes it is!