Odd Martin REELS??

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Reeltyme

Odd Martin REELS??

Post by Reeltyme »

As I mentioned in the previous post, here are some pics of a couple of Martin possible ventures that I don't think took off! Hey, maybe they are one of a kind!

Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Odd Martin REELS??

Post by Midway Tommy D »

They are actually tool balancers

Here's some ORCA discussion from 2009
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

I actually had and sold several of the tool balancers. They are a rather unique and useful tool. I find it funny that Martin took the time to actually stamp into the frame, the name/idea for these products. I am not sure if they were seriously considering the production of these ideas or if it was someone with to much time on their hands at the factory. Either way, the idea probably did originate from the balancer tool.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

I was in store last year that sold vintage tackle and found a huge Martin auto reel about 10 inches in diameter. I assume it was used for commercial fishing purposes. I nearly bought it to add to my collection but I didn't have the space LOL.
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

You should have bought it. I am sure that you could have made a few bucks off of one of us (probably me)!
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

I think there was more than one of those Martins on steroids. I'll send you a PM when I figure out where it was.

Paul M

PS If you are into Martin I may have regular sized reels some of interest.