Restoration of Edward Von Hofe 4/0 - before & after pics

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
seareel
Frequent Board Poster

Restoration of Edward Von Hofe 4/0 - before & after pics

Post by seareel »

I say this all the time, but I want to mention that this was a considerable undertaking and have many of the members of ORCA to thank for the tremendous success of this project and restoration of this reel.

For any other ORCA members that may be taking on a project like this, I would highly recommend leveraging the resources that are provided by this community to help in your endeavors.

Before the show begins, I would like to thank a couple of members who have instructional resources available to help in projects like these.

Paul M. - Thanks for the instructional restoration video posted
John Elder - Thanks for the response to a previous post in the tap size to use in getting a couple of screws back into place on the reel once I took it apart. For any other members, John also suggested to make a screwdriver for the rest of the screws which I did.
BIG Kudos to the ORCA "advanced search" - for the understanding of what NOT to do in regard to restoring the hard rubber on the side plates vs. the restoration process for bake-a-lite that I am more familiar with on Penn Reels.

Please find the before and after pictures posted below....enjoy:

- David
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Restoration of Edward Von Hofe 4/0 - before & after pics

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Wow! That turned out awesome! :bow:
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Restoration of Edward Von Hofe 4/0 - before & after pics

Post by Paul M »

Very nice, David!
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006