Reel Bags

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Reel Bags

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

My wife and I have both had cataract surgeries. Each time the Dr. provided a nice bag which is great for reels. I even asked the surgeon if he knew where I could buy some empty ones? He said I'm sure you can find them online. After searching, I finally bought some not as nice as the ones he had, but they should work nicely. Cost about 2.70 apiece. from a medical supplier. Cataract bag on the left.
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Reel Bags

Post by sdlehr »

Not having had the pleasure of cataract surgery, may I inquire as to the intended use for the bag?
Sid Lehr
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

The bag contains eye drops, sun glasses, spare eye patches, tape, just some things you might need post-op. I was really dreading the surgery, but as it turned out, it wasn't too bad. My eyes are very sensitive, I have problems with basic eye exams.
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Jon:

We were ripped off!!! My wife just had the surgery on both her eyes......but no stinkin' bags!

My favorite source for reel bags is our state liquor store. They throw the nice, soft blue Crown Royal bags away that come with the bottles they put on the shelves. I use them when I ship nicer, collectible reels. Good for the reels and good for the PR.

I hope the eye surgery process works out great for you and your wife. Based upon all the people I know who have had the surgery, results are great. Some just take a little more time to reap the rewards.
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
Waynesreelcollectibles.weebly.com
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

I worked with a guy who fished the pro Bass tournament trail. He preferred cotton socks he bought at flea markets as reel bags. He said anything other than cotton held the moisture in and caused damage to the reels.