Hampton Beach OC Real No. 993

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
bspauld2
Big ORCA Fan

Hampton Beach OC Real No. 993

Post by bspauld2 »

Not looking to sell, but curious of value. This belonged to my Grandfather I believe. Was purchased, but has never been on a rod and has never been strung. Still has the original price tag of $11.25 from Sears, Robuck and Co. Also thought some of you may enjoy seeing the reel.
Regards,
Bob
CTTC (AW/NAC)
US Navy (Retired)

Hampton Beach
Salt Water Reel
Wide Spool - Star Drag
Take Apart

Ocean City MFG
No. 993
200 Yd.

Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: Hampton Beach OC Real No. 993

Post by Brian F. »

Beautiful example Bob. Seems like those anodized spools end up corroding soon as they smell salt water so you got a nice one handed down to you.
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Hampton Beach OC Real No. 993

Post by m3040c »

Fine example of this model. Those spools are almost impossible to find in mint condition. They began corroding from their first day of use. Ocean City called their aluminum alloy, "Zephaloy". Now, if anyone can tell me what actual aluminum alloy "Zephaloy" is in the real world, I would be very happy. The only positive thing I can say about "Zephaloy" is that it is not pure aluminum. Ocean City did state it is an alloy of aluminum.
The Zephaloy spools were fine casting spools when they were new; but, did not stand up to heavy use.
mike cass,,, if you can't collect it, it must be food