NIB 16/0 Lighthouse Penn

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

NIB 16/0 Lighthouse Penn

Post by Deepfins791 »

Just got back from a 10,000 mile trip around the country visiting with collectors and chasing tackle. I picked up the following reels from an estate on Long Island. They are just as I found them, other than I gave each reel a light surface rub-down with a cotton cloth. The 16/0 Penn shows zero signs it has ever been fished, and the box still has all the original packing materials. I'm calling it NIB. There are no part numbers on this reel. The 12/0 is a 1st generation in excellent condition. The Ocean City 616 is in excellent condition with a mint box. I also picked up a 9/0 1st gen' Penn. My reel collecting preference tends toward the early West Coast reel-smiths, but admittedly these are pretty cool! Enjoy!

Cheers,
John

john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: NIB 16/0 Lighthouse Penn

Post by john elder »

Oh, my! John, you do run into some fantastic tackle! Those Penns would hold their own on a shelf full of Kovs, MHO...about as tough as that venue gets!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Those reels are absolutely screaming!
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

John! Those will never fit on your shelf! Let me store them for you. Fantastic lineup! Wondering, would you share with me your contact list? Maybe a few of your pass-by, not for me reels left for us bottom feeders?
Congrats!
Reeltyme
Randy McConnell
BAP-62
Advanced Board Poster

Post by BAP-62 »

VERY nice set of reels.
http://myfishingreels.weebly.com/
Brian Purrone
ORCA Member
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

Thanks, all!

Randy, you should PM me with what you are looking for. I am going to have to sell off a portion of my collection to pay for this latest road trip. Anyone who has visited my tackle room will tell you I only collect the very best, but I also pay an arm and a leg to get it. So there will be no ugly seconds going out the door, but no smoking hot deals, either.

Cheers,
John
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

Deepfins791 wrote:Thanks, all!

Randy, you should PM me with what you are looking for. I am going to have to sell off a portion of my collection to pay for this latest road trip. Anyone who has visited my tackle room will tell you I only collect the very best, but I also pay an arm and a leg to get it. So there will be no ugly seconds going out the door, but no smoking hot deals, either.

Cheers,
John
I will vouch for that LOL !!!!!!! John Taylor