20/0 Ed Vom Hofe

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Jay White
Advanced Board Poster

20/0 Ed Vom Hofe

Post by Jay White »

Excited to add this "monster" reel to my collection!! Thank you John Bechold.

RonG
Super Board Poster

Re: 20/0 Ed Vom Hofe

Post by RonG »

OMG!
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

Beautiful !! Great to see some Big Game reels here there are a lot of small reels for sure ! Lol !! Really nice Jay. I like the one John went home with to. John Taylor
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Sid Lehr
reelsmith.
Ultra Board Poster

Post by reelsmith. »

Get it away from that water !

Those things weren't made to get wet ! :mrgreen:

Very nice Jay !

Dean.
Wanted: Kosmic Items, Small Leather Fly Reel Cases, Early Fishing Related Bottles, Fly Reels and Pre-1900 Angling/Casting Medals.

http://www.tackletreasures.com/
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

Glad you're enjoying that beast, Jay!! I sure enjoyed having that one in my collection as long as I did. It's always fun when a trade works out for both parties!!

Cheers,
John
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Nice reel! Now you’ll need the 20-0 cradle! Little information on your/our reels...about 25* years ago they came out of an antique/pawn shop on the west side of Manhattan only about 4 blocks from the bus station. Turns out a fellow collector was “passing through” and had a couple hours holdover so decided to check out the area! They were originally found in a basement on the west side in lower Manhattan possibly a machinist of Hofes lived there and had them in his basement? The pair were sold for $300! I got my version 16-0 in the same style as Jays in the same condition...unfished! The 20-0 cradles equally rare but my reel was with conditions. It wound up in Florida where I’m sure it’s being redone. It did however have the later Pennsylvania address and chrome plated hardware which was common after Ocean City acquired the company. Wish I still had it...probably weighed 20* lbs. Tigh Lines Nick in NY HOLZMAN/Big Game Collector
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!