Oscar Kovalovsky Prototype Fly Reels

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Oscar Kovalovsky Prototype Fly Reels

Post by Deepfins791 »

I recently acquired three of the prototype fly reels Oscar Kovalovsky made. He sent these reels to Angling Products, Inc. (API), after he heard they were considering making a fly reel. API eventually bought the rights to all three of the reels. They produced two of them in very limited numbers, the "Sea Run" and the "Spring Creek". At the time, API was a division of Triangle Manufacturing, located in Upper Saddle, NJ.

Enjoy!
John

54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Re: Oscar Kovalovsky Prototype Fly Reels

Post by 54bullseye »

Hi John
I am not a fly reel guy but those are beautiful !! They look like mechanical jewelry and I am sure they run the same way. Beautiful John !! John Taylor
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I just love that big SW fly reel! They must have decided not to pursue just becAuse it wastoo labor-intensive teakettle. It ceetanly easn’t Because of design issue She!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Jay White
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jay White »

Nice additions to the 'KOVO" collection John!