Two more Fin-Nor

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Two more Fin-Nor

Post by 54bullseye »

First is a 10/0 Fin-Nor Machine Industries narrow (2 3/4") reel from 1945-1947. This one has some different features first off it's grey colored anodized head plate while the rest of the reel is that lite gold anodizing like a lot of the early reels were. Next if you look at the drag arch bracket it looks like anodized aluminum where most of these I believe were chrome plated brass. It's the only one I have like it. The other thing different is no holes for a rod clamp by foot which is also unusual. One thing I find neat with the Fin-Nor Machine Industries reels is when you take them apart every part seems to have a serial number !! And that is right down to harness lugs and other small parts !!

The next is my newest and one of my best finds so far ! It's a first model 15/0 big drum narrow ( 3" ) double handle reel. It's a neat reel and in darn good shape for being around 81 years old. Hope you like'em !! John Taylor

Another thing I just noticed if you blow up last picture of the Fin-Nor logo it looks to have been hand engraved instead of stamped in !!! I could be wrong but looks it to me ? JT
Last edited by 54bullseye on Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1badf350
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Two more Fin-Nor

Post by 1badf350 »

Wow those are some real beauties John!!
-Chris R.
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Beautiful reels. Thx for the pictures.
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
Waynesreelcollectibles.weebly.com
BAP-62
Advanced Board Poster

Post by BAP-62 »

Very nice reels.
http://myfishingreels.weebly.com/
Brian Purrone
ORCA Member
Jay White
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jay White »

Very Nice John! :bow:
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

Okay check this out those early logos are definitely hand engraved ! Below first picture is from first model big drum from above logo and second picture is a 15/0 ( G model ) double handle from a few years later. Blow them up and they are different for sure and hand done to. Just something I had never noticed before I thought they were all done with a stamp. Any body want to compare your logo ?? John Taylor

Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Definitely Good Shtuff John! Wish I still had mine!
A Merry Christmas & Better New Year!
Nick in NY
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!