Langley Streamlites

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Alan Baracco
Advanced Board Poster

Langley Streamlites

Post by Alan Baracco »

I thought I would first of all learn to use the picture feature, so if this doesn't work you will know why. Second, I thought I would share a picture of an unusual Langley Streamlite, as compared to the "normal" blue Streamlite 310A. The Streamlite on the right has a "natural metallic finish" much like the common Langley Reelcast 500. This is the only one I know of and would invite comments if others exist. Alan[/img]
Dale Noll
Super Board Poster

Post by Dale Noll »

Alan,

After checked my collection of about 30 Langleys, there are none like yours. Great photo and info. Thanks for sharing.

Dale.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Nice reels, Alan!
Willis Logan

Streamlite

Post by Willis Logan »

Because the screw alinement is the same as the Blue, it appears you might have the First Streamlite.---Note the color match with the first reelcast.
Alan Baracco
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Alan Baracco »

Willis,

You are right in that the "natural metallic finish" is nearly identcal to the Reelcast 500. My reel also has all of the characteristics of the original Streamlite 310 (narrow foot, flat levelwind endcap, piller placement, etc.). I suspect it was a factory prototype for the finish but they decided to go with blue. By the way, I would be glad to send you a copy of my Streamlite article, just shoot me your address, my email is . Cheers, Alan
John Wozney
Big ORCA Fan

streamlites

Post by John Wozney »

Alan, I also have a 310A in natural finish, it is exactly the same as the Blue 310A
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Alan had asked me to move this topic over to the Show and Tell forum and just figured out how. You get more mileage out'a this one, Alan!