One of my Favorite Reels..a very early Bogdan Model '0'

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Chum Angler
Frequent Board Poster

One of my Favorite Reels..a very early Bogdan Model '0'

Post by Chum Angler »

Some of you may have seen this reel discussed on other boards, but I thought I'd post it here for others that might enjoy it and hadn't seen it before. I was lucky enough to pick this reel up on eBay about a month ago. I knew it was early because ofthe name plate on the front of the reel and 7 position drag, but wanting to know more about it I sent a letter with photos to Stan Bogdan and to my pleasant surprise he replied and informed me that it was made 1952/53 and is identical (except mine has an optional line guard) to the Model "0" that was made around the same time and has been used by him as his personal reel for the last 54 years !
He even gave me the name of the gentleman who he thinks he sold it to originally !

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone with other info on these early Bogdans.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Dear CA...I don't know details for you, but that is one fine piece of work...nice score!
Chum Angler
Frequent Board Poster

Bogdan...

Post by Chum Angler »

Thanks John, it definitely falls under the category of "even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut" MB