Patience pays off, as does honesty, Karr Reel.

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
drexelantiques
Advanced Board Poster

Patience pays off, as does honesty, Karr Reel.

Post by drexelantiques »

Four years ago a tackle collector came in my shop with a brass Karr Reel, it was outside his area of interest, but he wanted more info on it before selling it. I looked up what little I could, and told him what I found. I also asked about it on the Orca board, and attempted to send him that info, but his e-mail address was wrong, all my attempts to contact him failed.

I had written the reel off in my mind thinking I would never see it again.

Yesterday the same guy walks back in with it. I gave him the info I had from this board, and from folks who e-mailed me, told him what I had been told it likely was worth. He asked me what I would give, and I had to tell him I could not pay much since my business was down and I had purchased some items for my collection over the last few days.

He again asked what I could afford to give, and I once again told him I could not afford to pay what it was worth. He then said I was the only person who had been honest with him about the age, and value of the reel, and that another collector had offered him more, but had understated the age and value.

So he said "You deserve to have it." So I paid him what I could for the reel, well under what it probably was worth.

ImageImage

ImageImage

So it is now in my collection, with the exception of a few English reels, and one other American reel, one of the oldest reels in my collection.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Nice score, Jeff!...great add...yes it's true...that which ye sow, so shall ye reap..maybe that's why I'm always reaping havoc? :D
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

fantastic reel.