New Collection

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
ShotgunRiderRob
Frequent Board Poster

New Collection

Post by ShotgunRiderRob »

Hi all,just started collecting level wind reels as they brought back old memories. Was always facinated with this style of reel,so thought i post them to show and see what others think of them for starters.

Pflueger Akron No. 1893l
Bronson Mercury No.2550
Shakespeare True Blue Model FK

Jerry J in OK
Super Board Poster

Post by Jerry J in OK »

Nice start...you are gonna have fun...Jerry
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Neat

Post by Teal »

A great start! Maybe to start with, you can try and add a level-wind from each of the larger companies selling them. You could add a Langley, Great Lakes, Penn, Ocean City, etc. to the three companies you already have.

Nice start!

--Dr. Todd
http://fishinghistory.blogspot.com/
ShotgunRiderRob
Frequent Board Poster

Post by ShotgunRiderRob »

Good idea Teal,will give me something to work on! You mentioned few names,is there a complete list of brands for level wind reels listed here?

Love to start collecting old steel rods as well,seem so hard to find! Love to find a few Heddon Pal steel poles as well.
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

I'm currently thinning out my levelwind collection right now. If you want some i got a bunch for sale cheap. email if you want to talk my email is in the directory.

Robin
Jason
Super Board Poster

Post by Jason »

You better start by adding a room onto the house. Those levelwinds can add up quick.

:D