Welcome to the Updated Forum

Check back here for all your latest ORCA news and announcements!
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Welcome to the Updated Forum

Post by Brian F. »

We wanted to welcome everyone to the new version of the ORCA Reel Talk board that's been awaited for a while. We hope it doesn't take too long to get used to some of the subtle and not-so-subtle changes but the updated version was sorely needed to keep everyday maintenance under control. Posting messages remains the same but most of the changes people will encounter are in your "user control panel" that also contains your "profile". Maybe a few more steps for a few more options but you'll soon see it's not much different than the old version. Adding photos to your messages got a whole lot easier as the board software now allows you to upload photos directly from your computer as attachments. If you have any difficulty, just drop us a note as always and we'll help guide you through.

We have some people to thank for the helping hand and that would be Wallace Carney and Andrew J. Much appreciation and Aloha to both from ORCA!
orourke
Super Board Poster

Re: Welcome to the Updated Forum

Post by orourke »

Good Morning Brian:

I am using Windows XP. The new update doesn't allow me to see the whole page without tabbing left or right at the end or beginning of a sentance. I can down size from 100% but then the type is so small I can't read it. Any ideas? Thanks!

Dave "O"

I know ... get a new computer with a larger screen ... can't right now.
Adnim
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Adnim »

Increase your resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768. I think you must be the exception that proves the rule! :bash:

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Will a similar adjustment spread the board across my computer screen? right now, I have space on either side that could be used to enlarge the forum. However, most other boards I frequent are already at the limits of my screen, so I am concerned an adjustment of my computer will send them over the edge?!
Adnim
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Adnim »

Hang in there guys. The issue is with the header. The way it is, it will mess up if set narrower. Setting wider will be detrimental to those using 1024x768. I'm in the middle of working on an alternative, which will work better for both of you. It will also be faster and more efficient. I'll probably have it in place later but I do have other things to do.
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

The day and time are like the old forum. It is Monday, 6:25 PM EST and the time on the forum shows Tuesday, 5:25 AM UTC +6 hrs. Am I to assume I need to apply a minus 11 hr correction factor?
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Wayne, you set the time zone yourself. Go to the user control panel up at the right corner of the page. Then click on "Board Preferences" and click on "my timezone" to find your own.
EclecticGuy
Advanced Board Poster

Post by EclecticGuy »

Good job, it is a lot easier to enter via the ORCA home page too!
cheers,
Michael
Adnim
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Adnim »

I've added another style for you but not forced it on everyone.

If you would like to try it out, you can change it in your control panel.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Thank you for doing that. Seems like it changes the color of the banners and graphics a bit.