Memorial In Honor Of Robert Ellis

Check back here for all your latest ORCA news and announcements!
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Memorial In Honor Of Robert Ellis

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

As most everyone knows by now, our good friend and fellow O.R.C.A. member Robert Ellis has passed away. Some of us have been considering a way to both memorialize and honor him for all the work he has done for the club and the hobby in general, particularly through development of reel websites. The cost of administering these websites he created on Bronson and Ocean City Reels is now being picked up by our club. The suggestion has been made that we create a memorial fund in his honor to keep those web sites going without further financial strain on the club. Donations in Roberts Honor and Memory can be made by check sent to Roger Schulz Secretary/Treasurer 160 Shoreline Walk Alpharetta, Ga 30022 or through Pay Pal to O.R.C.A. and designation for the Robert Ellis Memorial Fund with the understanding that all money raised will be used to fund the websites Robert created. Thanks to all in advance for choosing to honor Robert in this manner. Sincerely, Jon Kring and Richard Braun
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Re: Memorial In Honor Of Robert Ellis

Post by OCauto »

An absolutely outstanding idea. I'm in...
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

I will donate 25. via. Pay Pal
Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy
Super Board Poster

Post by Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy »

I'll match that $25 via a check to Roger for the Memorial Web Site upkeep.
BAP-62
Advanced Board Poster

Post by BAP-62 »

What is the PayPal address?
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

It may have popped up in my Pay Pal because I have sent money with it before. Its under Old Reel Collectors Association then I think it says %Roger Schulz. A check might be the best option because Pay Pal charged me 1.03 to send 25. Probably what I should have stated is if your Pay Pal Acct. is tied to your checking acct. No Fee, if it's tied to a credit card, they charge a fee.
Last edited by Jonathan P. Kring on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

BAP-62 wrote:What is the PayPal address?
You can use Secretary Roger Schulz's email address. It's listed in the Reel News or I can send it to you via PM.
BAP-62
Advanced Board Poster

Post by BAP-62 »

Thanks
Super Board Poster

If your using PayPal be sure in the message section that you mention The Ellis web site up-keep.
darylrose61
Frequent Board Poster

Post by darylrose61 »

Hello to all the members of O.R.C.A. i have known robert ellis (PAUL) for over 30 years and he was my best friend! he got me started in this great hobby about three years ago and i was hooked. At first i asked him why are you buying and collecting so many reels when you only need one to catch fish. Then he gave me A PHLUEGER SUMMIT 1993L engraved reel, it was all over. In the last three years i have collected over 250 of my own reels 95% being what PAUL loved the most the small bait casters. He would always ask me why are you bidding on all the reels that i am bidding on? i told him that he was the one bidding on the reels that i was bidding on and we would laugh like Hyenas. He would usually win the bid as i would stop bidding and let him bid as he told me i have to have this one for the web sight (I heard that a lot) after awhile he would just call and tell me hey there is a good one for sale just send me the pictures please. I just joined the club with the help of MR. JOHN ELDER a great man that Paul had talked about daily. I can not believe how much love and concern there was for Paul in this time of great need. I now know why Paul enjoyed everyday he spent with all his friends here at O.R.C.A. and what gave him the drive. I just wanted to take this time to thank each and everyone of Paul's friends here at O.R.C.A. for making his time here the happiest in a long long time. Thank you and i am looking forward to meeting some of the you at the next show in Santa Rosa ca. Daryl Rodenberger. (Darylrose61)
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Not a better man than you Daryl to fill the gap Paul has left here. I'm delighted to have you here. Paul would be beside himself. Paul, to those of you scratching your heads is, of course, Robert. He used to tell me that Robert was his "business" name which, for some reason, I found absolutely hilarious. I'm not surprised at the outpouring of affection from so many club members. That's the affect Paul had on people. So much honesty, sincerity and enthusiasm from one guy just endeared people to him. It's amazing how many people on Reel Talk have stated that, although they never met him in person or had never even heard his voice, they considered him to be a good friend. A "good friend"! That's pretty powerful stuff! I'm really glad his websites, absolute treasures that they are, will be saved and maintained. I'd like to personally thank everyone who made that possible and to do it in Paul's name in the form of a memorial. My check will be in the mail Monday morning.
Mark
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

I'm in! Thanks Jon for your idea!
Kevin McJunkin
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Kevin McJunkin »

I sold eight Bronson level-winders on ebay last night. As stated in the auction listings, 10% of the proceeds will go towards maintenance of Paul Ellis's wonderful Bronson website. A check for $80 is on it's way to Roger Schulz. Paul was always very helpful to me when I had questions, and I am glad to contribute. Special thanks to several ORCA members who bid on or purchased reels.
- Kevin
Super Board Poster

Kevin
The Club thanks you as do Jon and I for the help in keeping the sites that Robert put so much time and love into them to make it happen, The knowledge that he shared will live for a very long time to come.
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Thanks Kevin, like Dick says Robert was a great guy. It will help perpetuate his memory. Jon
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Well done, Kevin.
Mark
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Thanks Ocauto!