ORCA Booth at Lang's Discovery Auction

Check back here for all your latest ORCA news and announcements!
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

ORCA Booth at Lang's Discovery Auction

Post by Jim Schottenham »

This is my personal invitation to any ORCA members (or potential members) that wish to stop by and visit with member Tom DuRose, who has kindly volunteered to man the ORCA booth at the Lang's Discovery Auction and Free Show this coming Friday and Saturday. Tom will be on hand Friday, and I'll be on hand Saturday to talk reels with anyone that has an interest. Roger has sent along a few copies of the new Reel Restoration book for us to sell, so if you haven't ordered your copy and want to pick one up at the show, please stop by. We'll have a few reels on display too, along with all the dealers that will be set up selling all sorts of tackle. Each year, a really great reel shows up at the week long antique event here in Upstate NY, so it really is worth the drive from anywhere.
And on a more personal note, I want to encourage everyone to participate in the raffle to benefit the Hamilton School in order to purchase another NAOmi robot. The following link can explain the program the school is involved with far better than I can: Watch for Nicole at the 2:10 mark.
http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Robot-mo ... 09921.html

I'm very proud of the work Nicole Ganung, John and Debbie's daughter, has put into to making this project a success, and hope you can contribute. A link to the raffle items is here: http://www.langsauction.com/Benefit%20Raffle.pdf

And, a little more information on the raffle:

Tickets are $1 each. The items will all be on display at the August 8 & 9 show - each will have its own raffle box. If you'd like to buy tickets now, just email how many you'd like and what items you want the tickets to go towards - we'll physically make out each ticket for you with your name and email address and put them in the box of the item(s) you choose. Pay for the tickets however you'd like - Paypal, check, money order, credit card. We'll email you if you win, and we'll post on the board all the winner's names (if you don't want your name posted, please let us know when you purchase the tickets). The drawings will be on Saturday, August 9.

PLEASE NOTE - if you would like to purchase tickets now and would like to use Paypal, do NOT use the word "raffle" - please use "event tickets" instead. Paypal has flagged Lang's account due to "illegal gambling activity" because many have included the word raffle with their payment - Not Kidding!

We'll send you your ticket stubs and a receipt for whatever you spend - you should be able to claim a charity donation?

A little info on the Hamilton school: it's a small local school about 5 miles from the Discovery auction/show site, 600 kids total for K-12, so there's not much in the way of state or federal aid, and there have been a lot of cuts in the last few years. There are several children with autism in Hamilton that would benefit greatly from regular interaction with NAOmi, and the school will be sharing it with other schools that can't afford their own NAO robot. The youngest Ganung daughter (she's a senior at this school), has personally seen the positive difference this type of therapy has had and has been raising funds towards the purchase ever since. This raffle stemmed from her interest to help make the purchase a reality. Great cause and great people involved in this project - we're all thrilled to be a part of it.

If you have questions, please give us a call: 315-841-4623 or email: ***email address removed***

Hope to see you at the Auction/Show,

Jim
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Re: ORCA Booth at Lang's Discovery Auction

Post by Jim Schottenham »

I'd like to publicly thank ORCA member Tom DuRose for the time he volunteered (on his birthday no less!) this past weekend, which was greatly appreciated. We sold a few Reel Restoration books, and talked with several members, even adding a few new members on Saturday.

Again, thank you Tom!
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Re: ORCA Booth at Lang's Discovery Auction

Post by OCauto »

How do you pay by PayPal without an address to send to....?