July 15th, 2017 , Oshawa, Ontario get together

Check back here for all your latest ORCA news and announcements!
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

July 15th, 2017 , Oshawa, Ontario get together

Post by Paul M »

I am organizing a small get together to discuss old reels and what ORCA can do better to serve Canadian members. This informal meeting will be taking place in north Oshawa, Ontario, on the morning of July 15th, 2017 starting around 9:30am. Please RSVP for the street address.

Everyone interested in reels is welcome. Free coffee!

Bring a few old reels for show and tell, particularly any early specimens of the Pflueger Supreme.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Re: July 15th, 2017 , Oshawa, Ontario get together

Post by Paul M »

I am pleased to report that we had a really fine regional meet in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada today. Although there were just 4 of us, that's more than 50% of the ORCA members in Ontario so this is a pretty good start. We will try to get more next time we meet. We had a really good time, the reels were spectacular and we all learned about reels and the value of face-to-face contact.

Here are a few pictures. While we intended to talk about early Pflueger Supreme reels, we got way off into other areas. The one reel pictured with wooden box is a tiny Hardy Jock Scott made by Hardy craftsman Denys Ward. It came in that wooden box with a neat little line dryer. Our gracious host, Roger Cannon, showed us a letter of authentication signed by James L. Hardy. How cool is that?

[L-R]: Paul Manuel, Jim Wilson, Roger Cannon & Norm Bryant

Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Good for you guys, It's cool to see a table full of spinning reels! :cool
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Yes, Tom. Roger C has a collection that ranges from ancient tackle to fine Hardy reels and everything in between including a bunch of nice spinning reels. I hope more people attend these regional meetings next time because there was so much I didn't capture in pictures... too busy taking it in with my own eyes!
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006