a true fishing story

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Gregory L. Cramer
Frequent Board Poster

a true fishing story

Post by Gregory L. Cramer »

Ok, I have to share this story. Last year I went to Kelly's Island on Lake Erie. The Cramer men usually go up this first week of June to catch Smallmouth Bass. (I could not go this trip!) So we usually have two to four boats up there to handle us all but frequently we have more butts than seats, if you know what I mean, so a few of us will fish from the docks. We catch fish though. Smalls, Walleye, Catfish, Sheephead, Rockbass, Largemouth and an occasional perch and white bass too. So I was fishing and got hung up. I couldn't get it out so I had to break the line. The next day I was fishing at the same spot on the dock and got hung up again. I was using my usual crank, the one and only RatLtrap. I had a silver with blue back on the first day but was fishing a gold one the second.

Long story short>>> My snag was my lure that I lost the day before. I even hooked it in the line tie! I fished that section hard because there was a natural rock ledge out about 20 yds and about 12 ft deep. RatLtraps were perfect for catching them there. But that cast brought in the catch of the week! My brother snapped the pic so I could tell the story with some semblance of believability.

Believe it or NOT but I do because I was there!

PS> You can see that I have good taste and should be trusted as I was using an Ambassadeur reel!

Rick H
Ultra Board Poster

Re: a true fishing story

Post by Rick H »

I dunno Greg? It'd be pretty easy to run across the street there, buy another blue-n-silver rattle trap, hook it on that other lure and hold it up for a picture! It's not like we haven't heard similar stories before...LOL!

PS: NICE SNAG!